A high strength 4 to 5% Copper alloy produced in extruded bar and profile form, in the fully heat-treated condition (solution heat-treated & artificially aged).Normally stocked in the T6511 condition (stress relieved by controlled stretching) Except for sizes under 10mm diameter and over 203.2mm diameter. (T6 only). Over 203.mm diameter is manufactured to chemical composition Only.
Machinability of aluminium alloy 2014A is very good.
Typical applications of aluminium alloy 2014A are high strength componenets especially for use in the aerospace and defence industries.
This datasheet relates to temper T6511. The most common temper for aluminium alloy 2014A are:
- T6 - Solution heat treated and artificially aged
- T3 - Solution heat treated, cold worked and naturally aged
- T6511 - Solution heat treated and stress-relieved by stretching then artificially aged with minor straightening after aging - Equivalent to T4 condition
- T651 - Solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching then artificially aged
Round Bar is stocked in the range 1/2inch to 10inch diameter.
Plate is stokced in thicknesses 1/2inch to 4 inch.
Resistance to atmospheric attack:
Poor, especially when exposed to water or salt
To protect against atmospheric corrosion
in storage, lightly coat with Lanolin based protective
For further information, please contact Sales Dept
Brazing & Soldering - Not recommended
Oxygen - Not recommended
Inert Gas - Not recommended
Resistance, Spot, Beam - Excellent
- Protective - Fair
- Bright - Unsuitable
- Hard - Good
- Colour - Fair (Dark colour only)
- Very Good